Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Swim’min


So it is March already. You know what that means!!!! Madness in a few weeks.

I started swimming again in an excercise-type manner and now I know why I waited so long in starting up again after almost 15 years of not swimming in any sort of exercise way. I got 1,050 yards in in about 30 minutes last Tuesday. My arms felt like two 30 pound weights were attached to them. I didn't sprint (or even think about it). My whole goal was to get 1,000 in (or 40 laps) and I hoped to do it in 30 minutes, which I did. This is going to take some time to build back some stamina and get back into some sort of swimming shape. Last Thursday was easier and even this Tuesday was a little easier as I got 1,200 (48 laps) done in 30 minutes.

Usually there are at least 2 other people there, none of which I know, so the fact that the pool isn't crowded makes it easier to feel relaxed about the situation. I know it is stupid to worry about what other people think of your tired and flailing freestyle, but for some reason it makes me a little self conscience, but I am slowing getting over that aspect realizing that no one is even paying attention to me. I know I am not paying attention to anyone else, I am too damn tired to be looking around the pool. I am just trying to breathe.

No comments: