Thursday, February 07, 2008

Super Bowl Ads kinda sucked huh?

Trent, Adam and I were discussing the super bowl ads last night on the podcast (Episode 124), and we were in agreement that for the most part the ads were average or below average at best. I gave them a B-, C+ and both Trent and Adam believed they were worse than that. (I guess that is why my students must like my grading.) Anyway there is a funny article here that discusses the 10 Lamest Super Bowl ads.

I actually think the best ad surrounding the Super Bowl was the Perfectville ad that ran the next day with the ’72 Dolphins:

But of course in my opinion this is a rip off of one of the best campaigns ever, the Nike Welcome to Bracketville Ads, "Stay as long as you can." (I looked everywhere for a video of these ads and couldn't find one of them) I am always amazed at March Madness time they don't continue to break those ads out. One of the best ad campaigns over the past 10 years.

No comments: