Monday, December 13, 2004

g'day mate

Renea and I went to the Outback on Friday and I have to tell you this restaurant chain is a license to print money. I have never been to one that is not busy and I have never been to one that I had some sort of wait to be seated because it was so busy. I have never had a bad experience at an Outback, ever. I am not sure how these people are trained or who does the training, but all the employees seem top notch. Not one has been snooty, rude, obnoxious or unwilling to help make our dining experience the best.

When we got the Outback, and went to sit at the bar (there was a 45 minute wait) it was still happy hour (buy one, get one free) and we ordered our Fosters and then had 2 more coming. Then we moved to our table and the waitress said, it’s just past 7:30 (when happy ends) and she said she would try to get our next round in for Happy Hour and we could get our next round of drinks for buy one, get one free.

Of course we had to order the cheesy fries, excellent, then we got our salads, always big and fresh, then we got our steaks, the same, always big and fresh. Service was excellent, drinks were always refilled and it was a great dining experience.

There was only one time we had bad steaks that had sat under the heat lamp too long. The manager came, asked if we were happy, we said no, and then they gave us new steaks (no charge) and free desserts. All of a sudden the bad memory of dried out steaks turns into a story I am still telling 3 years later about my excellent service. If only more places would adopt this philosophy of service and food quality then most places would have a 45-minute wait.

1 comment:

Brothers Z said...

Amen, brother. What I don't understand is that they push their "Bloomin' Onion" to no end. While the onion is vary tasty, I don't find it tasty enough to warrant it it's signature appetizer. The Cheesy Fries (not their offical title) are the definitive choice!