Monday, December 06, 2004

Basketball Hoops and Steelers

Did something that was so much fun this past weekend. I shopped for my son. He is a year and a half and should really enjoy Christmas this year. One thing I wanted to buy him (from Santa of course) was a basketball hoop. No, not a real one, just one of those little ones you can set up in the living room or in our case one that you can also set up outside or the living room. I had to choose between the 4ft. adjustable or the 6ft. adjustable basketball hoop, and of course me being the positive thinking father I thought to myself "He will grow out of the 4ft. hoop in a year so we better go with the bigger one so it will last longer." So that is how I justified getting the larger hoop because I am confident that my 1 and a half year old son will out grow his 4 ft. hoop in a year. Just watch, he will spend about 20 minutes with it on Christmas Day and then forget about it and go spend 4 hours with the $4 tonka truck.

I am a big Steelers fan and if they were going to lose a game this year it would have been that game last night, but something strange is happening with this team. We drove down the field and scored the game winning field goal like we were supposed to do that. As a Steeler fan, that doesn't always happen. Usually someone drops a pass or fumbles or we have to try a 60 yard FG or something, but last night Big Ben drove us right down the field got us in field goal range and kicked the winner with 18 sec left. All like this is the way it was supposed to go. Strange I have to get used to this.

No comments: