Sunday, March 22, 2009

This is hard work

Ok, so I am feeling guilty about this dead blog that keeps popping up in the back of my mind. One reason is my Aunt Jan.  Apparently the only person who has missed the continuous updates that I used to post. Every time I see her she gives it to me about not having a new post.  "Someone hasn't updated their blog since October." I told her to follow me on twitter. She didn't like that suggestion too much. See she likes the old blog days, when I had time to write and something to say. I have a lot to say, but it just doesn't seem to make it here to the blog. I have the podcast, the facebook, the twitter and this blog.  The blog, unfortunately is last. I like writing, I like updating, but the activity of actually doing it is keeping me from keeping it updated.  I think it might have to be with my standards for the blog. I somehow feel like I need to write long winded stories to justify a blog post, when in actuality it could be a couple of lines. So I need to drop that mentality and just blog already! Lately (and I mean in the past year and past 4 blog posts) it seems like I write more about me NOT posting something that actually posting anything. Ok, so enough.  From the magic show we saw last night at Marietta High School.

  • We took Owen to the magic show last night.  It was a good time, although it lasted waaaay too long (2+ hours). Owen seemed to enjoy the 90 minutes, then he kept asking, "Is it over?" 
  • Two of the three magicians were "ok." One was very good. Obviously we aren't talking big Vegas production. But it was entertaining. 
  • Out of the three of them, the host may have been the worst of the three. He had one assistant who had to be in her late 80's (no I am not exaggerating) and the other looked so unenthusiastic you would have thought she was doing community service.
  • The good magician, I believe his name was David Kaplin (and a quick Google search confirms that), was really talented, funny and worth seeing. I could have watched him all night.
  • Owen tried to volunteer every time one of the magicians requested a volunteer, but never got picked. The kid is such a ham.
  • On our way home, Owen called his Me-Maw to tell her about the show. In describing what he liked best, he said he like "When they cut a little boy's head off." Obviously no kids heads were cut off, but it is funny he remembered the illusion that way.



3 comments:

jilcee said...

Glad you FINALLY blogged!

jilcee said...

Glad you FINALLY blogged!

Z said...

glad someone noticed.