Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Slow Down

Since all my shows shut down with the season finales and there haven’t been any new episodes I have gone into the Summer Slow Down with my TV watching. I have limited it to watching the Pirates and the one new show Windfall about a group of friends who win the lottery. I also have taken this time to start watching the 4400 on USA. I heard a few people talk about this show and so I was able to record a synopsis show that kinda brought you up to date as to what is happening (since I am jumping in on season 3) and I have to admit that I do like the show and will continue to watch.

Besides that and some PTI and some Y&R I am not that tied down to the TV and I have to admit that it is a nice feeling. I have only a few shows on the DVR that I need to get through, and when I say a few I mean 2 shows which is a big difference than the norm when there are usually 8-10 shows (way too many).

It is nice to not feel like I am missing something, or not keeping up-to-date on the latest and greatest shows and it is nice in the evenings to catch a baseball game (if you can stand to watch the Pirates blow lead after lead) or play a little PS2 and just let the day go.

I really like the quiet time between 9:00 and midnight, it is a nice time to just let your brain take a break and not worry about anything.

No comments: