Wednesday, June 28, 2006

All-Star Update #2: I’m In!


I received my letter yesterday from the Pirates letting me know that I have been accepted as a 2006 All-Star Ambassador Volunteer. I have to report to PNC Park on July 6th to get my assignment and to meet my volunteer supervisor, receive my free FanFest tickets, get my official “uniform” which I get to keep, and find out what the hell I will be doing. I am excited! Now is where the real fun begins . . . once I get my schedule, I could be up there for 4 straight days, or I could be one and done, so who knows, and if I am up there 4 straight days, what the hell do I do for a place to stay? My Dad lives in Morgantown, so I could stay with him and commute up every day, or I could slip an e-mail to a friend of mine who I used to coach basketball with and see if she minded me staying at her place . . . we will just have to wait and see. Whatever the arrangements, I will try my best to take a ton of photos and hopefully have a lot to share with everyone. Stay tuned.

No comments: