Friday, January 05, 2007

A losing battle


During the course of almost 12 years of marriage there are battles/decisions that you win and some that you lose. I would have to say that for the most part when it comes to making purchases that Renea and I always discuss the purchases and then come together and agree on a decision. That fact I won’t deny. But then I got to thinking that my wife is the best sales person in the world. She has been able to get me to buy things that I would never decide to buy our whole marriage. It all started with Hoagie our Lab (which we bought in our first month of marriage when we were supposed to be “just looking” at puppies) and continued through to new flooring for the house last year, and now this purchase of a king sized bed which we made last night.

All I have been talking about for weeks was getting a new TV. I wanted a new flat screen plasma TV. That is it, that is all I wanted, and the next thing I know we are shopping for king sized beds. I sometimes feel like I have been in a coma and then awaken 3 days later and decisions have been made. She is smooth; you have to give her credit. She managed to change “getting out of the house for the day” to shopping for a new bed. She also can change her plan of attack; she can just chip away slowly at you. We went bed shopping on Saturday, Sunday she wanted to go back, and Monday she asked if we could go shopping on Tuesday evening. I had managed to fend her off for a few days, and then yesterday I get a call from her at work “Mattress Warehouse is open until 8:30 tonight.” I try to play dumb and ask, “What time is Circuit City open?” She laughs me off. Now mind you I never said I would go, I get home and her and Owen are ready to head out to look at mattresses. We head to Mattress Warehouse that night and get a mattress. She is smooth. Gotta give her that.

>>Photo of Owen with his Pink (Breast Cancer Awareness) Serta Sheep "Mean Joe Green" #75

2 comments:

jilcee said...

What are you doing with your "old" bed?

Z said...

uhm, sleeping on it.