Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I want one!


Man o’ man I want an Apple iPhone. Have you seen this thing? It is a phone, ipod, a video player, a web browser, an e-mail machine and it makes ham sandwiches. This is like the coolest thing ever. I think you can also use it as a bionoculars, a microscope, and to even check your blood pressure (I think it might even fold out into a beach chair). Yesterday it even managed to jump Apple’s stock 8 points. The thing is amazing. I am a little curious though. Apple is famed for giving you little bites of products before giving you the whole pie, and yesterday we kinda got the whole pie. Now I am not one to question Steve Jobs, but I am kinda surprised that the jump was made to the iPhone from the iPod. Now I know that it is not an iPod, it just balances your checkbook and feeds your pets without you asking it to, but with the video capabilities it seems like this is the end rather than the slow progression towards the end we are used to from Apple. I mean it would have made perfect sense to come out with a similar type device (call it an iPod) that just did movies and music but used the touch screen technology that the phone has, then move to the phone in the next version in ’08. I guess they couldn’t help themselves in putting together a product that can play you whole collection of Neil Diamond while watching the “OC” and shining your shoes, as it calls in your dinner reservations.

No comments: