Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bleeack

My wife Renea is sick. She has some sort of flu, with body aches, a cough, and a sore throat, and by the looks of her I hope that Owen and I aren’t the next ones to suffer from this sickness. Now the bad thing that never occurred to me until later today, is that I have a real shot at getting this next.

Why did I not think of that until now? Well, it might have been the 10+ previous years where out of all the times she has gotten sick, I maybe have turned around and caught exactly what she had between 8-12 times. Not bad for 10+ years of marriage. (I guess that doesn’t say much about how close we are.) I don’t get sick very often, and when I do it is usually a day or so. I just don’t ever see myself as sick, nor do I do things to prevent me from getting the sickness, I just hope I haven’t screwed myself on this one, cause the way she is acting, it’s a doozie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Going along with the sick theme, I watched, what I could bear to look at, the WVU women vs. UConn in the Big East Championship game. If there has been an uglier game played . . . I have seen it, I helped coach the Marietta College women’s team a few years ago, and so with ugly basketball I am an expert. The game had no flow, WVU has this center that when she touched the ball in the paint she didn’t miss, so of course they never gave her the ball on the low post, noooo that would make way too much sense. It was poorly coached, poorly officiated, and poorly played. It was like watching a car wreck in progress, you know what is going to happen, but you can’t look away, but I did manage to watch a taped 24 while the game played in the little corner of the screen with my picture in picture, I felt, as a Mountaineer that I was obligated to watch the game, I just feel it didn’t warrant big screen consideration.

No comments: