Friday, August 26, 2005

Cold Pizza

Sometimes I wonder how people, and shows stay on the air.

This week I have started my 7 a.m. workouts again now that the gym is opening early and the ESPN2 show Cold Pizza is on a few of the TV’s.

Now when this show debuted over 2 years ago (if you can believe it has been on the air that long) they had 3 nice looking women hosts and 1 guy thrown in there to add some “legitimacy” to the sports/entertainment programming. The show would touch on some of the relevant topics in sports and also would touch on things like people who collect Air Jordans or the Miami South Beach nightlife after Heat games. I gave the show a chance, I though, here might be an alternative to the Today show or CBS this Morning, but it was clear that after about 3-4 viewings that this was a stinker and that it really doesn’t matter how good looking the hosts are if the content stinks, it stinks.

Well I got the show this morning and I have to say it still stinks and the people on the show are worse than before. They have gotten rid of the 3 women hosts; added Dana Jacobson (from ESPN SportsCenter) kept the one guy, Jay Crawford, and added for some strange reason Woody Paige and Skip Bayless. Now if it was a show with Jay and Dana it would just be called SportsCenter sitting on couches, but they have theses idiots (and I am putting it lightly) Woody and Skip doing this stupid arguing and sniping First and Ten segment where not one intelligent thought is uttered. It made me more stupid watching it. It is truly too painful to watch.

So I guess my question is, how does this crap stay on the air? I mean it is a cable show so you know right of the bat that the rating is low, then you are competing in one of the toughest timeslots in all of TV (7 a.m.-10 a.m., and you aren’t starting the show until 8 a.m.) I mean if the Today loses half a rating point someone is fired yet this piece of dog poo is still on the air.

And how do Woody Paige and Skip Bayless keep popping up on TV? They are morons, plain and simple. They were writers that made the jump to TV, but how? Who looked at these guys and said, “I see them being great TV stars.” Who? I mean really, can you see two ESPN executives sitting around patting each other on the back for making the hire of Woody Paige? “Woo hoo, what a coo, I am glad we grabbed him up before CNN did.”

I guess I just can take comfort in the fact that if these are idiots can make a lot of money being complete morons, then someone like myself with just a tad bit of intelligence will find the company out there that will spend a lot of money to hire me.

No comments: