Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Perspective

Ok, so the Steelers lost. Despite some of my strongest beliefs about a team and game, I was wrong, dead wrong, about as wrong as a person can be. New England is the better team, bar none. They don’t make mistakes, they are consistent and they play as a team. Do they have more talent than other teams? I would say no, they just seem to get the most out of what they have.

Just when I thought I was depressed and upset about the loss I see Hines Ward on TV talking about how much it hurt and you could see the pain in his eyes, and no matter how much the loss bothered me, it can’t even compare to how the players, coaches and the organization as a whole feels about the loss. Kinda puts how I feel about the whole thing in perspective. It’s just a game and an entertainment outlet for me, I was looking forward to ordering my “Sports Illustrated Gift Set” with the special hardbound edition of SI with my free Super Bowl champion gift of a fleece blanket with the logo and “Super Bowl” champs” embroidered on it, but these guys were shooting for what every male that ever played a sport wants, a championship ring. Pales in comparison to my limited-edition leather-bound SI.

No comments: