Thursday, April 02, 2009

T-Ball

So T-ball officially started tonight.  Some things I took away from the first practice.
  • My biggest fear as a parent, especially for this parent, is that your kid will be the worst one. Owen is not the worst player, far from it. Out of 12 he is definitely in the top 6.
  • I signed up to be an "assistant" and waited for my marching orders from the coach/coaches. There were none, so I stood there doing everything in my power to NOT take control of the entire practice . . . firing coaches, yelling at kids, getting them on the line and running wind sprints . . . then  I thought I could suggest taking half of the kids and working with them fielding grounders and the "coaches" could let the other half hit off the tee. So I made the suggestion, worked with half the kids, then rotated with the other coaches and worked with the other half.
  • Kids love mud.  A little mud in the middle of the field . . . every kid walked through it multiple times and all the shoes were caked with it at the end of practice.
  • I was going to post earlier in the day that the over/under for kids injured and/or crying sometime during the practice would be 3.  3 it was. PUSH.
  • Owen is like his dad, very into the uniform.  Actually, secretly, I was hoping we got hats tonight and they were cool, but we got no hats and I am sure they will suck.

No comments: