Friday, April 03, 2009

Facebook Posts

"Blanky Blank Blankerson is hanging with my grandparents, cousins, and the rest of the family. Life could not be better. The saying of "Family is everything", truly does ring true. The weekend keeps getting better and better. Love you all."


This is a status post by a "friend" on facebook. I read this post and I had an urge to comment "Screw You!" Why is that? Why the hate? I am not a hateful person. I consider myself a pretty nice guy, but posts like these on facebook aggravate me but I am not certain why. Maybe it was the day, maybe I just pulled a Daniel Powter and had a bad day? I dunno. I love my family. I agree with that statement wholeheartedly, so that isn't it. I guess it is just the proclimation on facebook that grates me. The outloud cyber shouting of this statement I think is what it is. The sharing of this with all of your "friends" on facebook, and the proclimation at the end that "Love you all." Really? Do you really "love" me? I mean we went to high school together and were fringe friends even back then and now you tell me that you "love" me? I think you might be moving a little too fast for me lady I like my status updates light, funny, sometimes serious and informative, but this is just irritating. Maybe that makes me a bad person? But I have a feeling she will forgive me . . . after all she does love me.

Had a great lunch today too!

No comments: