Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Worst way to wake up


I woke up this morning in maybe the worst way possible . . . ok so maybe not the worst way (fire, burglary, tornado, hurricane are a few worse ways) but for anyone who has had a cramp in their calf, they know what I am talking about. Dead asleep at 6:40 a.m. and all of a sudden it feels as if I have been shot in calf. I couldn't stretch it out, I couldn't reach my toes to try and pull it out of the softball-like knot. I couldn't even bring myself to feel the knot in my calf. Renea thought I was having a heart-attack.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?"

"AAARRRGGGGG"

"What is it?"

"CRAMPPPPP!!"

I could bearly get the words out. Lying there for what seemed like forever, in actuality it was closer to 60 seconds my leg and muscle finally relented and I got out of bed and was able to stretch it out.

Now the biggest fear when getting the cramp is that it will return and soon. So all morning I have been on edge thinking that that the next move I make will bring me down. And of course when relaying the story the answer is bananas. "Eat bananas that will make it go away." Little too late for that advice.

3 comments:

Brothers Z said...

agreed. Cramps are the worst. Keep bananas by the bed... Bananas in pajamas.
--tz

Z said...

is that why there are pockets in pjs? somewhere to keep the bananas?

jilcee said...

Potassium supplements might help.