Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Take it Back

I want to weigh in on the Oklahoma/Oregon game briefly.

Now my brother Trent did a very good job of going over this in his “Bar Room Chatter” episode for our Brothers in 3-Z podcast, and this was before the fall out of everyone in Oklahoma from the Governor to the Owner of Haircuts by Bob on Sooner Avenue in Stillwater cried about making the game not count.

Excuse me? Not count? Seriously, people were saying this? I understood and heard the outrage from most broadcasters and commentators, but the silliest thing I have heard was that the game shouldn’t count. Come on! It’s not like in 3rd grade and the kick ball was called foul by your 75 year old farsighted recess teacher and you called “Do-over.” This is major college football and the notion to even float out there that this game somehow shouldn’t count is so ridicules that it is unbelievable to me that anyone would utter those words.

If we started to not count games that we thought there was poor officiating in, I might be the first in line to say that the Steelers shouldn’t have one the Super Bowl, or that the Dallas Mavericks got screwed in the NBA Finals . . . “Those games don’t count! Bad call, I want a do-over or I am going home.” Pout pout.

Everyone in Oklahoma, listen closely . . . . SHUT UP. You aren’t the first team to get screwed (and oh by the way, yea you still should have stopped them from scoring after the bad call), and you won’t be the last. So please quit your whining and go back to playing mediocre football in the 6th best conference in the country.

No comments: